Friday, September 5, 2008

Update on my art in a couple local places...



Ok, so here's the lowdown on the great opportunity I had to place some samples at The Monkeys Treehouse http://www.themonkeystreehouse.com/ and The Poshtachio Patch http://www.poshpatch.com/. A friend of mine went to The Monkeys Treehouse to play and said she did not see any of my artwork in the lobby. So, I emailed both owners to touch base and the owner of The Monkeys Treehouse said she was re-thinking the lobby because nothing was really selling since parents really just come there to play and not really to shop. She informed me at the beginning that sales of items in the lobby had been hit or miss so we had to give it a try, right!? Thanks for the great opportunity anyhow. Well, I got a response from the owner of The Posh Patch later and she had kind of a different response. She said several people had seen the paintings from across the room and liked them, but they could see some minor defects. I admit this because I made several paintings that I thought were for example purposes only and had made them in a short amount of time. I didn't realize she wanted to sell them right off the wall. So, I am making a few with the popular colors, patterns, and letters for her shop and hopefully they will sell. However, I am going to ask her if people can just do the sale through her, but still come to me with details for custom pieces. Anyhow, here are a few preliminary pics of the two I am working on. The dots on the edges wrap around too for a cool effect. I need to do another coat or two on the lettering, clean up the edges, then varnish them. Hopefully we will have success this time around!

No comments: