Tuesday, April 13, 2010

ummmm...Frostings....(2nd Installment of Feature Fun!)

Frostings

"Creating Tomorrow's Heirlooms"


I know why Natasha Vaughn, owner/designer of Frostings named her business what it is...after checking out her site thoroughly, this jewelry is sweet and is the icing on the cake! I met her briefly at a consignment sale where we were both vendors and she contacted me about doing a feature about me and I was stoked and wanted to do the same for her; she's super deserving! She is a stay at home mom of 2 and fell in love with hand stamped jewelry shortly after her husband lost his job of 15+ years. Since he was working construction and their income was cut severely she decided to do some research about how these items were made and it kind of snowballed from there. She says she really enjoys the creative process and loves going to craft shows and meeting people. She also says nothing makes her happier than a follower of her blog or a former mail order customer coming to her booth and introducing themselves to her. "It always takes me back for a second and it is so humbling," she adds.

Here are some of her beautiful pieces:

She does rings...


Her necklaces are awesome. There are some custom pieces done on dog tags or even guitar pick shapes. She does 2-5 disc pieces so moms can have their childrens' names on each. She offers cool copper squares as well. I love the "Who I Am" piece where there is a heart against the disc and you can say who you are on it in your own words in your choice of 3 fonts!

Here are a few pieces from the Inspired Collection:



This one is Proverbs 31:28 with a silver washer circle and capped beads in the center, but you can opt for a disc in the center as well with a name such a mom, mother, etc...



This one is called Love Never Fails and has the 3 disc with Love is Patient, Love is Kind, Love Never Fails on it.



I absolutely love this one! It is called Fight Like a Girl and is in remembrance for those with breast cancer.



This one is Bird in the Hand and features 2 domed discs, one is textured like a nest, with cultured pearls and a blue stone hiding inside.





She also offers wonderful bracelets.

Check out all her places and follow her for some special offers. FB fans can always get 10% off, but right now she is offering a Mother's Day special, so go to her FB fan page and check it out.

Her website has so much more to offer that I didn't get to cover and she welcomes any and all ideas for your custom order. She does pendants with stick figure families that are adorable as well as mini monograms. Her prices are great for gifts for family, friends, or just something special for yourself. So go check it all out at the info below. Last, you can see on her site where all she will be around town if you want to see some of her stuff in person!

>> Website and blog: www.frostingstn.com
>> Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/luelue1971
>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Frostingstn
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/natashavaughn
>> email: tncakes@gmail.com



3 comments:

Goodnight moon said...

I LOVE these kinds of necklaces!!!!!

I found you through SITS! I have a FREE giveaway on my blog. Come and check it out. Your gonna LOVE it!

Goodnight moon said...

Oopssss...I thought I had become one...sorry! Thanks lovely!!!!!

Holly Lefevre said...

Totally enjoying your blog (I am scrolling around).

Beautiful jewelry. I want that cute little monogram rings! To-die-for!

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS Day. I am a new follower here!

Holly
504 Main