Thursday, July 7, 2011

One of the Many Reasons I Know God Exists

This is a painting I have been working on for a friend of mine on a 28x36 inch canvas. It is actually of a vase of daisies that her boyfriend bought for her. When I see the beauty that God creates whether it is through the birth of a baby, a healing miracle, or the beauty of nature, as in this case, it reminds me that He is the creator of all things that are good and true. This painting was very fun to do and was a learning experience for me. The colors are actually very bright and bold; this green is a subdued but cool lime color. My camera captures them well, but when I upload them it looks different?? Anyways, the large flowers in the center are about 6-8 inches in diameter and all of them are texturized, so they are pretty cool in person. You can kind of see the depth that creates in the blue flower on the right. When this is complete, there will be very little, if any, white space in the background. I also posted a few pictures of the original flowers and the painting is very close in color except for the purple which I am still needing another coat to make it right.








I hope to have updated pics very soon.





No comments: