Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back...and Better Than Ever!

Hey friends, followers, and supporters of Initial Designs...long time no "see"?? I hope things have been better for you all these past several months than they have been here. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer because things are looking up with all thanks to God, which brings me to the point of this post. I have taken about a 6 month break from my business and painting (for the most part) because too much was going on and I really couldn't even commit to doing a painting. Sorry to Shirlee, Weeza, and Stephanie, but thanks for your understanding and support. I will get started on your paintings. Anyways, I am back and, with the help of God, better than ever. The past year has had its ups and downs, but God has pulled me through and I am emerging on the other side stronger and more faithful than ever. As a thank you to God and a commitment to Him, I am re-aligning my business and its purpose. My purpose with Initial Designs originally was to glorify God by using the talent He gave me, but now I want to have that idea be the drive behind the business and use most all profits to go to Christian support services, volunteer organizations, and not-for-profits. Over the next few weeks expect to see some changes in the lines of artwork offered, more specific descriptions of the places I plan to make donations and support, and even a calendar of events so my readers can start helping some great causes as well. I also plan to do some posting, as I have some in the past, about issues that concern me, families/people/blogs I come across that inspire me to be a better person, and even, God willing, some events that I might try to lead to raise additonal money for good causes. Stay tuned...a lot of great things are coming from Initial Designs!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi! Glad to hear from you again :) I was just thinking about you the other day when I saw you on facebook.

HappyascanB said...

Glad you're back!! Welcome!!