Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gabrielle is Golden!

I am almost done with this painting! I can't believe it! I designed it and almost finished it in one day. The "Tiny" Line has been a pretty big hit and I like it because it's like instant gratification. I do love the colors (the color that looks orange in the picture is actually mustard) in this bedding and this is actually a 6x6x1.5 inch linen canvas, so it was so fun to work with. Teri is purchasing this for a friend and says she wants it to be a memento that will be timeless. So, we thought about doing the Curlz font, but after some discussion, we decided this font would probably grow up with her better; it is called Brio. I went with the diagonal lettering so that it can be hung/sat horizontally or diagonally. I also decided just random dots on the front and then actual designs from the bedding on the sides, so when she inevitably changes her room, maybe it can be incorporated. So, tell me what you guys think...

8 comments:

Danielle said...

I love it!!! Love how you can hang different directions!

Kristin said...

It looks great! When my girls finally decide what colors they want to redecorate their rooms in, I will have to order them ones for their rooms!

Iowa Birdie said...

Yes, Teri is giving it to her friend and her friend is going to LOVE IT!!!!!! Melissa - you are a dream! Thanks for all of your hard work and for being so doggone kind.

Teri :)

melissa said...

Thanks guys-your kindness and words of encouragement means so much to me! Sincerely! More than you even know, actually, I had almost given up on this business, but with people like you all, I'm hanging in there! ;)

silverhartgirl said...

I love the circle of dots. It is beautful

jenscoop said...

All of your paintings are all so freaking cute!!!

Amy said...

These are adorable! I plan to order them throughout the year next year as presents for my daughter's friends! I had finished Christmas shopping when I found your site!

Leigh said...

this one is fantastic and my fav by far! besides that I'm obsessed with polka dots. you do great work!!