Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Done and Almost Done

I finally finished and delivered this painting this past weekend. I added the riding hat and cleaned it up quite a bit. This is not that great of a picture, but it showed the riding hat the best. I hope Isabella enjoys it as much as she enjoys riding horses from what her mother told me.



Next, here is the one I mentioned in another recent post. The first picture belongs to the older brother and is the one I am trying to resemble. The other one is for Caleb who is due early next month. I still have some work to do on it to clean it up quite a bit, but for the most part, this is what it will look like. I've got to do the alphabet along the bottom and add a few lines going horizontally as well as paint the sides dark blue. I use paint tape sometimes because my lines that cover an entire canvas have to be straight and I cannot do lines that long by hand and make them look good, but these are all done free-hand since they are only about an inch and a half long. Lines are challenging, but they really make a painting look nice. I was going to borrow Aiden's wall art to get it just so, but the mom and I decided if it was a bit different, that would make it unique for Caleb.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Those both look great!