Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another New Business...or just a feature added to this one...




I have been asked to do face painting at the ACSI 20th Anniversary Celebration. I thought, ooohh, how fun and simple, right? Wrong! I bought some face paint at Micheal's and some brushes and then went online to get some ideas. Boy is there alot to it! There was tons of information about what to do and not to do, techniques, hygiene, etc...I mean, alot of it was common sense, but I needed them to help me think of all the important stuff. So, I tried some on myself and a couple of the children I keep and it wasn't so hard afterall. If you are going to do it for a living (who knows?), then you might need to invest more time, energy, and money into it, but not right off the bat. My paints do meet the US regulations and is water based which were the most important things as far as the paint goes. Here are some of my first attempts, but when I practiced on paper for my example board, it got somewhat better. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

No comments: