Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Big Break!







I have gotten the go-ahead to hang some samples of my artwork in the lobby of a children's indoor playplace in Bellevue called The Monkeys Treehouse. Also, I have spoken with the owner at The Poshtachio Patch in Smyrna and may get to offer some samples in there as well. Check out their websites at http://www.themonkeystreehouse.com/ and http://www.poshpatch.com/. They both offer some great items/services for children.




I am posting some pictures of the samples I am working on-keep in mind, they are not complete, but I was so excited, I had to post something. The one with the "grass" around the edge will feature a monkey hooking on to the "j" and customers can choose the border/animal combination. The yellow, blue, and white picture is shown with no name, for now, to demonstrate the technique to wash out the middle where the name will be added. This sets off the name and really makes it "pop". The others will have some adornments added such as some stitching, glitter, reflections, stars, etc... to make them unique. These samples are shown on 16 x 20 inch canvases for the full names and on 12 x 12 inch canvases for the single and triple initials.

No comments: